- Unpack the U2 Upgrade zip file into your Ultima 2 directory on your hard drive. This will not affect your current saved games.
- Run “rengal.bat” if this is the first time you’re applying this upgrade. This will rename the Galaxy Map files. (It’s only necessary to run this once, but does not create a problem if you run it again.)
- Run “dngpatch.exe”. This will repair the Pangea dungeon and re-add the Greenland dungeon to the Pangea map. (It’s only necessary to run this once, but does not create a problem if you run it again.)
- Run “u2cfg.exe” to configure the game options.
- Run “ultima2.com” from the Ultima 2 directory to start the game.
- You can also run “cgapatch.exe” which patches the CGA binary to
run on modern systems. It applies Moonstone Dragon’s Galaxy Map
Patch, Micro Dragon’s Speed Fix, the PICCAS image (part of the
Demonstration), and updated File I/O for problems with newer
Windows operating systems. All these patches are already applied
to the EGA binary.